There are days when you have a sudden craving for something sweet, but no time to bake a cake? Try these 4 recipes and you will never have to go without a treat again!
Although every home has a special shelf for “something sweet”, store-bought sweets are no match for a fresh cake straight from the oven. However, you can’t always afford to reign in the kitchen – there’s simply no time for that. It also happens that our skills in confectionery significantly deviate from the level of culinary programs. Then with help come proven recipes for quick and easy desserts, which you make with just a few ingredients. Check it out!
Bananas in honey
Bananas in honey is not only a simple and quick dessert, but also a way to get rid of brown and black bananas, on the verge of expiration. It is also worth remembering that bananas themselves are a fruit full of nutritional value, which is worth including in your diet. They contain plenty of magnesium, deficiencies of which lead to increased feelings of stress, as well as huge amounts of potassium, which is responsible for the health of the nervous system
- 2 ripe bananas (already brown ones work best),
- 2 tablespoons of honey,
- handful of nuts and almonds.
- In a frying pan, heat the butter.
- Peel the bananas, cut them lengthwise into halves.
- Put the bananas into the pan, pour honey over them.
- Chop the nuts and almonds into small pieces.
- The bananas are ready when the honey caramelizes and the bananas are slightly toasted.
Chia pudding with fruit
Chia pudding is a dessert that you can prepare in 5 minutes, but you have to wait a few hours to eat it. Chia seeds contain huge amounts of fiber, which helps the digestive system, as well as omega 3 acids and a good dose of antioxidants.
Thanks to their high antioxidant content, chia seeds help keep skin firm and youthful. The chia pudding can be made with cow’s milk or vegetable milk, making it a recipe for vegans as well.
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds (chia seeds),
- a cup of milk (cow’s or plant milk),
- 2 tbsp brown sugar,
- fruit of your choice – such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, mango, etc
- Pour slightly warmed milk over the chia seeds, add sugar and stir vigorously
- Put the mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally to avoid lumps
- Cut the fruit into cubes
- Put the pudding into bowls, add fruit. Enjoy!
Chocolate mug cake
Microwave brownie conquered the internet a few years back. This quick recipe with a few simple ingredients helps fight the craving for something sweet without fancy preparations. Depending on your preference, you can top it with chocolate sauce or blended strawberries.
- 1 egg,
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour,
- 4 tablespoons cocoa,
- 3 tablespoons sugar,
- half a teaspoon of baking powder,
- 30 ml of milk,
- 20 g butter.
- Melt the butter in a cup in the microwave
- Add milk, egg, and then the dry ingredients
- Mix with a fork until smooth
- Bake for 1.5 minutes at 800 watts in the microwave.
- You can decorate the cake with powdered sugar, fruit or caramel sauce
Power balls are a popular snack to get you energized for the day – and in a tasty way! You can use dried figs, dates, different kinds of nuts and dried fruits in them.
- 30 g rice wafers,
- 8 tbsp coconut shavings,
- 2 tbsp maple syrup,
- vegan coconut yogurt.
- Scoop the coconut chips into a bowl.
- Crumble the rice wafers in your hands, add to the bowl.
- Pour in the yogurt and maple syrup.
- Mix until smooth, then form small balls in your hands.
- Coat them in additional coconut shavings.
Main photo: Ella Olsson/pexels.com