As soon as it gets warm – the barbecue season begins. In addition to meat, salads always appear on the table. Which ones are worth making? We suggest!
Most of us, as soon as warm, spring days appear, start grilling. Poles love grilled meats and vegetables. A meal outdoors is also an opportunity to meet with friends and relax. In addition to grilled dishes the tables are usually occupied by salads, which can be combined with them or eaten alone. They should be fresh, colourful and tempting to eat. Here are the best recipes!
Fit salad with mozzarella and avocado
An interesting suggestion for a spring salad is the one with mozzarella and avocado. It should also be noted that it not only tastes insanely, but also looks good. The ingredients needed to prepare it are:
- a package of mini mozzarella;
- ripe avocado;
- 10 red cherry tomatoes;
- 10 yellow cherry tomatoes (if you don’t have any, you can give 20 of one color, then our salad will not be so colorful);
- lettuce mix – about 2-3 handfuls;
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil;
- a few leaves of fresh basil;
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice (lemon may also be used);
- seasonings: salt and pepper.
Dice the avocado and drain the mozzarella. Cut the washed tomatoes in half. Add the salad mix and mix lightly. In a separate bowl make the sauce. Pour olive oil, add finely chopped basil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix and pour over the salad. Ready!
Potato salad is a perfect choice for a barbecue. It can be eaten on its own or with meat or fish. It looks beautiful and tastes great! To prepare it you need:
- about half a kilo of potatoes;
- 4 pickled cucumbers;
- a medium-sized bunch of radishes;
- a small bunch of dill;
- a few tablespoons of natural (thick) yogurt;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- a tablespoon of mayonnaise;
- seasonings to taste (salt, pepper).
Boil the potatoes in their skins. Then peel them and cut into small cubes. Radishes and cucumbers should be cut in the same way. Put everything into a bowl. Pour yoghurt into a separate bowl, add mayonnaise, crushed garlic and finely chopped dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Then pour the prepared sauce over the vegetables and mix. You can also season with your favorite spices.
It is important that the salad is cooled in the fridge an hour or two before serving. Then the flavors will combine and it will be even better. Decorate the top with radishes and you are done!
Salad with honey and mustard dressing
Another interesting proposition for a barbecue is a salad with honey-mustard dressing. It goes well with almost all grilled dishes. To make it you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 large tomato (or 2 small ones);
- 1 medium-sized fresh cucumber;
- 6 radishes;
- 2 handfuls of mixed lettuce;
- half a bunch of chives;
- 2-3 Tbsp. saree mustard;
- 1 tsp French mustard;
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil;
- large spoonful of honey.
Place lettuce in a bowl. Add radishes and cucumber sliced in half. Cut the tomato into eights. In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Pour mustard, honey, olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl. Mix everything together. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and mix. Sprinkle with chopped chives. Enjoy!
For lovers of spicy dishes it is worth serving Mexican salad to the barbecue. Especially that it is very quick to make and the taste remains in your memory for a long time. To make it we need:
- 1 chicken fillet;
- 1 tin of corn (150 g);
- a tin of red beans (150 g);
- a quarter of a yellow bell pepper;
- a quarter of a red bell pepper;
- a quarter of a green bell pepper;
- 50-70 g cooked rice;
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise;
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt (thick);
- seasonings: sweet paprika, chili, salt, pepper, optional Mexican seasoning.
Season diced chicken with chili, paprika, salt, bell pepper and Mexican seasoning, then fry. Cut the peppers into medium-sized cubes. Drain the beans and corn. Mix and add cooked rice. Next, prepare the sauce in a separate bowl. Mix mayonnaise and yoghurt and season to taste with salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika or chilli. Pour the dressing over the salad and you are done!