Zucchini stuffed with minced meat is a great hot meal to offer to guests or make for dinner for the whole family. Zucchini is light, low in calories, and filling at the same time. Use our recipe to see how good it tastes
Zucchini with minced meat – how to make it?
There are many ways to prepare zucchini with minced meat. You can season it as you like, add a bag of rice or a variety of vegetables. In fact, this is one of the few dishes that is universal. It tastes great with yellow cheese, mozzarella, and you can even be tempted to add blue cheese. Zucchini with minced meat is the perfect choice for anyone who avoids too many carbs in their diet or is on a dairy-free diet. Here’s how to make this simple and versatile dish step by step
- 4 small zucchinis (max 250 g one);
- 400 g minced meat (can be pork or pork and beef);
- 1 tbsp ketchup or tomato puree;
- 250 ml poultry or beef broth;
- a clove of garlic;
- 2 smaller onions;
- chopped parsley;
- a few tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese;
- 3 tbsp olive or oil.
How to prepare
Once the ingredients are on the table, start by preparing the vegetables. Finely dice the onion and garlic, and wash, dry and cut the zucchini in half
In the first step, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil or oil in a frying pan. Over low heat, sauté the onion for about 1 minute. Then increase the heat and add the minced meat to it. Fry it for about 5 minutes, stirring every now and then so that it does not burn. After that time add a spoonful of ketchup or tomato puree. If you use puree, your stuffing will have stronger, more tomato flavor. Stir and fry for about 1 minute
After the meat has been pre-processed, add the poultry or beef broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pan and simmer the whole thing for about 30 minutes, stirring the stuffing from time to time. When it is ready, remove the lid and wait for the remaining liquid to evaporate. Finally, season with pepper and salt and herbs
While the meat is stewing, prepare the zucchini. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place the vegetables on a baking tray lined with baking paper, cut side up. Bake the zucchini for 6 minutes, until just tender. When the time has elapsed, take them out of the oven and hollow them out, leaving about 1 cm thick on the edges. You can additionally chop the flesh to make it finer
Then pour ½ tablespoon of olive or oil into a clean pan, add diced garlic and fry until browned. After a minute, add the zucchini flesh to it. Fry for about a minute, then add the previously prepared meat, combine with egg, Parmesan cheese and parsley
Fill the zucchini with the resulting stuffing. Pour olive oil on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Put the whole thing in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The cheese should melt and the zucchini soften. After taking them out you can sprinkle the zucchini with pepper and sun-dried tomatoes
- If you want to reduce the amount of minced meat in the zucchini, add cooked rice to the stuffing. Half a cooked bag (50 g) weighs about 140 g. If you decide to make this stuffing, use 250 g of minced meat and 150 g of rice. Try not to make the rice too loose, you can slightly overcook it
- If you are watching your weight, you can use turkey or chicken meat to make zucchini stuffed with minced meat. These have significantly less fat and more protein
- If you are looking for something for vegetarians, instead of meat, green or red lentils will be perfect. Just cook it soft and add the same ingredients to it
- Zucchini tastes great with everything. You can add pieces of bell pepper, cherry tomatoes or corn to the stuffing
Prepared zucchini goes well with fresh vegetable salad. It is very easy to prepare. Just combine fresh butter lettuce with tomato, fresh cucumber, black olives and feta cheese. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, pepper and herbed salt to the whole thing.