Garlic sauce goes well with French fries, pizza, salads, meat and many other dishes. In addition, it is quick and easy to prepare. What is the best recipe for it?
Homemade garlic sauce can be prepared with just a few inexpensive and readily available ingredients. Just 10 minutes and a delicious side dish for dinner or barbecue is ready! Garlic sauce is naturally gluten-free and vegetarian, and it tastes great with many dishes.
- Half a cup of natural or Greek yogurt (6 tablespoons),
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or 18% sour cream,
- 2 cloves of garlic (you can add 3 for a more pronounced flavor),
- ¼ teaspoon salt,
- pinch of pepper.
Optional: lemon juice, freshly chopped herbs (dill, basil, oregano or chives), herbes de Provence.
- Peel the garlic, squeeze it through a press and place it in a bowl.
- Add half a cup of yogurt and salt to the garlic. Mix it all up.
- Set the sauce aside for a few minutes.
- Add mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Season the sauce with pepper and optionally lemon juice and herbs.